fork on uClinux

Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara carlos at embedded.cl
Sat May 27 06:32:44 UTC 2006

> No, you misunderstand. I did not say it would corrupt the FILE
> structure. I said it would corrupt the actual _file_ on disk. That is,
> each copy of the process will have a copy of the output buffer, and
> they both will flush it, so the data will be written twice.

this is not a bug nor a problem, it's just the way Unix systems treat the
files. Many processes can write to a file, and they all have their "private"
copy. However, only the last process to close the file actually make the
changes (the other processes also make changes, however since the last one
submits its own copy is almost the same thing)

--
http://toolchains.com/personal/blog