fork on uClinux

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri May 26 02:17:01 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 17:36, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> Busybox uses the fork(2) system call for the standard init(8) utility.
> I've been told this works on uClinux in conjuction with uClibc.

uClibc does not enable the fork() symbol for non-mmu hosts (like uClinux) so
whoever said this was mistaken

further more, the current init code in busybox wouldnt work anyways if you
changed the fork() to vfork() due to the amount of changes the child makes

the uClinux guys use something simpleinit rather than init from busybox
-mike