Error with configure-target-libiberty

Edjard Mota edjard_mota at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 25 22:05:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying fomr some day to generate toolchain for arm11 with no
success. Last pit stop was the error below. I tried then to build a
toolchain for generic ARM for slightly different cases:

1) I chose gcc 4.0.0 or above
    RESULT: I got stucked in the same configure-libibery error

2) I chose gcc below 4.0.0 (like 3.4.5 or 3.4.6).
    RESULT: success!!

But since gcc 3.4.X doesn't have suppor tofr arm11 it stoped some
steps before the error of libiberty. But if we use a gcc version with
ARM 11 support we got the error below.

Could some one tell me if the error is an incompatibility problem is
between binutils and gcc 4.0.0 and above? Is this a right question?

Sorry if this doesn't make sence, I am still a newbie in uClibc.

Many thanks for any help.

Edjard

Edjard Mota <edjard_mota at yahoo.com.br> escreveu: Hi,

I abuilding a toolchain for arm with no FP. After running 'make menuconfig' and setting all my target features, I got the this error when
running make. I can't figure out what's wrong or missing.

Any help?

br
Edjard

----------------------------------------------------------- Last lines of make -------
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libmudflap] Error 1
checking whether  /home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/gcc-4.0.1-final/gcc/xgcc -B/home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/gcc-4.0.1-final/gcc/ -B/home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/build_arm_nofpu/staging_dir/arm-linux-uclibc/bin/ -B/home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/build_arm_nofpu/staging_dir/arm-linux-uclibc/lib/ -isystem /home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/build_arm_nofpu/staging_dir/arm-linux-uclibc/include -isystem  /home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/build_arm_nofpu/staging_dir/arm-linux-uclibc/sys-include and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
Appending /home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/gcc-4.0.1/libiberty/../config/mh-armpic to xhost-mkfrag
xhost-mkfrag is unchanged
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking for sys/resource.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for alloca.h...  yes
checking for sys/pstat.h... no
checking for sys/sysmp.h... no
checking for sys/sysinfo.h... yes
checking for machine/hal_sysinfo.h... no
checking for sys/table.h... no
checking for sys/sysctl.h... yes
checking for sys/systemcfg.h... no
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for stdio_ext.h... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether errno must be declared... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for int... yes
checking size of int...  4
checking for uintptr_t... yes
checking for a 64-bit type... uint64_t
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/gcc-4.0.1-final'
make: *** [/home/edjard/toolchain/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/gcc-4.0.1-final/.compiled] Error 2
[