libc contains TEXTREL with -fPIC (using NPTL)

Carmelo Amoroso carmelo73 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:50:01 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2006, Carmelo Amoroso wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm tryng to port the uClibc-nptl branch over sh4 core.
>
> that branch is not finished, wait until it has the final version, then you
> can try to port it sh4
>
> Peter

Hi,
I understood. but the problem I'm having  seems to be not related  to the
nptl/TLS implementation.
I don't currently have a uClibc-nptl working environment, simply a
nptl-uClibc built on sh4.
I'm wondering to understand while the TEXTREL flag is appearing in my
libc.so.0 even if I'm using -fPIC.
Could be something related to a wrong cross-compiler configuration?
or the assumptiom about TEXTREL and -fPIC is wrong when we use TLS variable?

Thanks again for any suggestions,

Carmelo