Primary goals of uClibc

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue May 16 02:29:28 UTC 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 16:08, Rich Felker wrote:
> Last I checked uclibc _does_ use the same struct provided by the
> kernel, but then 'converts' it anyway.. :)

no, uclibc does the samething glibc does

each arch defines the stat structure as the kernel sees it and then converts
it to the same stat structure for everyone regardless of architecture

thus the only people who care about the kernel craziness is the libc ...
userland programs use stat() as defined by the libc and everything is peachy
-mike