strange segfault with pthreads in 0.9.28

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon May 15 19:36:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Rupert Mazzucco wrote:

> > Can you post a gdb output of the crash, like the call stack, this could
> > perhaps help to better understand the matter.
>
> Actually I tried running the empty, crashing program under gdb. gdb first
> complained that /bin/bash wasn't installed, which is correct but seemed like
> a hilariously irrelevant observation to me, and then mentioned something
> about __errno_location() when it segfaulted.  Can't tell you more right now
> because I don't have the machine at hand. Anyway, this message is what gave
> me the idea I mentioned, that this could somehow be related to the problems
> discussed
> here:

> http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/uClibc/libpthread/linuxthreads/FAQ.html?rev=4243#H

Some comments to that:
1. redefinition of errno is guarded by __UCLIBC_HAS_THREADS__ in uClibc
(not _REENTRANT), so you get it "automagically" if you enabled threads.
2. getc()/putc() as macros are configure options, you can enable/disable
both separately, but I can't recall now, if the functions or the macros
are better for threads.

Peter