Missing error_print_progname in new snapshot.

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Mon Mar 27 12:50:08 UTC 2006

Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> I do not use buildroot myself, but I rebuild from time to time the whole
> gentoo build system and about 500 pkg (that I also use).

Which is the whole fricking point. THIS IS NOT GENTOO. THIS IS NOT GENTOO.
People want and expect buildroot to work with uClibc out of the box. That
means if you make a change and it removes something that breaks buildroot,
then YOU figure out and provide the patch. Take responsibility for your
actions. If you want to get things cleanded up, then do a complete build and
fix the packages that are effected. Otherwise, leave things alone. I will
revert your change so that Khem can build. If you want 'error_print_progname'
removed, YOU take the time to figure out how to fix gettext in the buildroot
system. Building your 500 gazillion packages for gentoo doesn't mean squat.
Buildroot should always work no matter what gets checked into uClibc. Period.
It is not Khem's responsibility to fix this.

-Steve