Missing error_print_progname in new snapshot.

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Mar 27 08:28:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Steven J. Hill wrote:

> Khem Raj wrote:
> >
> > http://buildroot.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/uClibc/include/error.h?rev=13641&r1=12155&r2=13641
> >
> > What was the reason to disable it?
> >
> Because psm continues to check stuff in and not test his crap. Over and over
> and over again. Peter, revert this change and start doing a complete build
> of buildroot with ALL packages selected. This is happening to often where
> you hide symbols and then packages in buildroot will not build.
>
> -Steve

I do not use buildroot myself, but I rebuild from time to time the whole
gentoo build system and about 500 pkg (that I also use).

For the above:
Do you consider it OK to provide non-working dummies by uClibc only to get
apps built? I don't. Either we provide a functionality, or not, support
some feature or not. If we do not support a function/feature then I
disable it in .c and .h.

How is the only occurence of error_print_progname within uClibc an
inprovement?
void (*error_print_progname) (void) = NULL;

You can diff that file to glibc and see what is missing to really provide
error_print_progname.

And no, I don't revert that change, unless someone provides correct
error_print_progname functionality.

Peter