Broken Locale and the like

Peter Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Thu Mar 16 10:55:16 UTC 2006

Hello!

All who have trouble w/ locale support when building libstdc++ (gcc-4.1.0)
have 2 possibilities:
1. Use the patch hunk that disables wchar support in gcc>=4.1 (wrong
approach) (removed lately by vapier from gcc-4.1.0 patchset)
2. Use the patch I added to gcc-4.2.0 named somehow wchar*fix (203 or 204,
can't recall and check now)

I have hoped to get an answer from mjn3 about these ;-(

__global_locale is only defined if LOCALE is enabled, the patch guards
against that case, I am not sure though if we do not have to provide
something instead of it.
_LC_* missing are replaced based on similar approach in other
libstdc++/config/locale/uclibc file.

I would really sync gcc-4.1.0 w/ gcc-4.2.0 (adding the upstream gcc-uclibc
related parts to gcc-4.1.0). Opinions?

Peter

--
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!