How to handle lack of updated kernel headers

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Mar 15 23:57:17 UTC 2006

On Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 04:44:05PM +0100, Pieter Hollants wrote:
> Seeing that Mariusz Mazur definitely won't be able to provide his
> linux-libc-headers any longer (see
> http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/llh-announce/2006-March/000002.html),
> what exactly are the options to use more recent 2.6.x kernel versions
> effectively?

One thing I've been wanting to do for quite some time is to
extract the absolute minimum set of stuff that we use kernel
header files for (mainly ABI stuff) and incorporate that stuff
directly into uClibc, thus completely divorcing the uClibc build
from the kernel header files.  But I'm not likely to get to it
for at least a little while.

Meanwhile, continuing to use the existing linux-libc-headers for
the 2.6 kernel is not going to cause any problems for quite some
time to come....