uclibc + gcc 4.1.0 + fast-math crash

Amir Shalem amir at boom.org.il
Sun Mar 12 05:12:23 UTC 2006

Hey

using a fresh buildroot with fresh uclibc snapshot + gcc 4.1.0 release
when compiling any program (empty) using fast-math I get a crash.

a.c:
    int main(void) { return 0; }

$ gcc -o a a.c -ffast-math && ./a
and watch it crash.

the crash happens at gcc fast-math code at ../gcc/config/i386/crtfastmath.c at line 97
which execute the "fxsave".

but if I'm copying crtfastmath.c code into a program (main.c)
and compile it with out fast-math, it does not crash the program.

also, this crash happens with uclibc 0.9.28 too,
and if I'm compiling gcc 4.1.0 with glibc it does not crash with fast-math.

thanks,
amir.