[buildroot] how do I remove a package?

Bryan Kemp bryan at kempville.com
Thu Mar 9 02:56:07 UTC 2006

I have been adding some new packages to buildroot and have run across
a problem. If I configure buildroot to include a package and the
build of that package breaks, I can not remove the package by using
menuconfig and deselecting the package. How do I get the buildprocess
to restart without building the packages I have removed? For example,
I added GRUB from a patch on the busybox forums. For some reason the
build does not work, I wanted to work on some other packages so I
went and deselected the grub installer. Now everytime I 'make' I
still run into the grub error. I don't want to include grub anymore.
I removed grub from the .config.cmd and .config in the buildroot
directory. What else do I need to do?

Thanks,
Bryan