Fix for PPC uClibc build

Brent Cook bcook at bpointsys.com
Mon Mar 6 03:56:56 UTC 2006

For the past month or so, the powerpc build of uClibc has been broken for me
(I have been stuck on 20060113 for a while). Currently, the build dies on
brk.S on the libc_hidden_data_def(__curbrk) line, apparently because __curbrk
is not statically initialized.

I'm actually curious about how the automatic test daemon is building PowerPC,
because I sure can't get SVN to build properly (tried GCC 3.4.5 to 4.1 and
various binutils)

The attached patch (cribbed from the alpha port) allows uClibc to build
without errors, but I haven't actually verified if this is correct (chrooting
on my Mac gives an 'Illegal instruction' error.)

Can I get some feedback and perhaps some help on determining the correct
patch?

 - Brent