uCLibC on non Linux RTOS's ??

John Gentilin johng at gentilin.org
Fri Jun 30 19:46:22 UTC 2006

Steve,

Thank you for the pointers. I am just getting into the assemble
of all the components for a little controller platform I am putting
together. Newlib was easy to get up an running mainly because of
Bill Gatliff's porting doc http://venus.billgatliff.com/node/3
but I wanted to either disable or minimize the stdin/out's buffer
size, since I buffer serial port data elsewhere and I was having a
problem with flushing the stream and "\r". I have to say, navigating
the stdio code in Newlib is a challenge with the macros for reentrant
code, some code implemented as a macro or as a function makes for
a tough read of the code. uClibc, even though it has its fair share of
macros seems to be an easier read and a cleaner implementation but
is, as you say, more of an implementation than I need. KLibc looks
interesting, and I am trying to keep everything within the LGPL so
that takes out DietLibc for now, I am also looking into the uc-libc
code from uCLinux and/or now that the Elks project is being updated
report the X86 uc-libc from there...

Thanks again
John G