Beware with Kwikbyte

Claudio clas333 at terra.com.br
Fri Jun 16 13:30:09 UTC 2006

Excuse me for the noise in the list but maybe this
information will be useful and prevent other people
to get caught in the same situation.

We recently bought a KB9202B board from Kwikbyte.
As we are based in Brazil, we asked for a friend in
the U.S. to buy the board and send it to us.

The board comes with a CD which should have
the lastest documentation but the schematics were
for a previous version of the board.

We asked gently for them to send the updated
schematics, and they answered requesting identification
of the company which purchased the board,
board serial number, etc...
We sent the information required and we received the
following answer:

 >>This is not an authorized distributor.  Your company is in a competing
 >>market segment; we will not provide any support for your purchase.
You are
 >>welcome to return the unmodified board (at your expense) and additional
 >>materials for refund.
 >>
 >>Regards,
 >>KwikByte Sales
 >>sales at kwikbyte.com
 >>www.kwikbyte.com

The answer the gave is completely illogical, they do not have
"authorized distributors". They only sell by the web through PayPal,
and actually we were not requesting any support, only the
updated schematics they should have included in the package !!!!.

We were amazed with such response and even after we sent
ours showing our outrage, their position remained the
same.

We will probably not return the board because the
cost of doing so will not be worthwhile. Our loss.
I really don't know if this illogical behavior has something to do
with the fact that we are in Brazil, and I do not know how they
treat their U.S. customers.

So, Beware with Kwikbyte !

Regards,
Claudio