uClibc locale support

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:18:27 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:

> I am using it, I know that it builds (and can rebuild itself on native
> uClibc) on mipsel/ppc/x86, arm can only use pregenerated ones.

The docs seem to suggets it is not good for cross compiling, do you
know if it works?

> > I'm using a fairly recent SVN and cross-compiling. Initially I get an
> > error because of a missing "bits/uClibc_ctype.h", which the host
>
> you should have read extra/locale/*, you need to run make headers
> before attempting to build locales

I followed the README and it still barfs in exactly the same way:

make locale_headers
gcc extra/locale/gen_wc8bit.c  -o extra/locale/gen_wc8bit    -O2 -Wall
 -D__UCLIBC_GEN_LOCALE -DCTYPE_PACKED=1 -DDO_WIDE_CHAR=1
extra/locale/gen_wc8bit.c:15:31: bits/uClibc_ctype.h: No such file or directory
extra/locale/gen_wc8bit.c: In function `main':

Is there any interest in making this work for a non-native uClibc situation?