[gmail] Re: Altera Nios2 troubles

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 07:23:29 UTC 2006

> no one here really has Nios2 nor cares about it ... Altera is handling the
> port like a bunch of morons, so if you want this stuff to be fixed, you'll
> probably have to post the patch yourself

Euhm, your assesment is pretty accurate :) It took me fairly little
effort to clean up the mess fo their source releases and to create a
cleaner way to build a uclibc gcc toolchain last year.

After we cleaned it up, posted patches and informed Altera, noone really
cared, next to a couple enthousiasts on niosforum.

Microtronix, the guys doing the porting on behalf of Altera; basically
does not care unless you are using Windows. They claim to have a linux
toolchain internally but don't release it in binary form, which is not
that bad, since the community toolchain is cleaner and better :X

--
  greetz, marc
Burnt, battered, busted, ding-dong the pod is dead.