mq_open returns "Function not implemented"

Shay, Daniel shaydr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 22:13:14 UTC 2006

I am trying to port an application which uses several posix calls. I can
compile my program, but the mq_open command returns with errno 38 "Function
not implemented".  This function along with the other mq_* functions appear
to be implemented in librt.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Daniel

== Details ==

buildroot: 15672
gcc-4.0.3
binutils 2.16.91.0.5
uClibc snapshot 20060710
Kernel 2.16.14.7
MPC8540 PPC

+++ mqueue.c

#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <mqueue.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

int main ()
{
  int md, status;

  md = mq_open("/my_queue", O_CREAT|O_RDWR);
  if (md!=-1)
  {
    printf("Opened Queue\n");
  } else {
    printf("Unable to open messsage queue, Error %d,
%s\n",errno,strerror(errno));
    return -1;
  }

  status = mq_close(md);
  if (status!=-1)
  {
    printf("Closed Queue\n");
  } else {
    printf("Unable to close messsage queue, Error %d,
%s\n",errno,strerror(errno));
    return -1;
  }

  status = mq_unlink("/my_queue");
  if (status!=-1)
  {
    printf("Unlink Queue\n");
  } else {
    printf("Unable to unlink messsage queue, Error %d,
%s\n",errno,strerror(errno));
    return -1;
  }
  return 0;
}

+++ Compile command
/opt/ppc/bin/powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc -Wall -o mqueue-uclibc mqueue.c -g
-lrt

+++ Runtime invocation
./mqueue-uclibc
Unable to open message queue, Error 38, Function not implemented