mips64 patches

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 6 19:39:52 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 12:55, Rich Felker wrote:
> This prototype for ioctl is wrong. request is supposed to be int in
> the userspace api as well as the syscall. See SUSv3.

not his fault, he copied the existing ioctl code

we take this from glibc which uses unsigned long int

perhaps this is the bigger issue ... i say we break from glibc and go with
SUSv3 ... since we havent made any releases with 64bit support yet (well,
there is alpha, but who really uses that other than me ;]), this shouldnt
cause any real problems
-mike