Build a busybox and uClibc bootable system

jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org
Mon Jul 3 15:57:11 UTC 2006

Hi Marco,

The best is to use buildroot, you will enjoy it and you will be able to
produce very efficient image. I am using it for my project and have been
able to boot  from ROM (not the easiest stuff to do), Compact Flash (using
syslinux) or DVD (using iso and syslinux), so this is very flexible, the
only one thing you have is to add a kernel.
I am using buildroot with 2 approaches, the first one to build an
efficient "chroot" software development environment with everything
installed (gcc, debuggers etc ...). My current image fits into 2GB, and
one produced only with runtime library ( much more smaller around 256 MB,
with striped binaries and a lot of applications installed).
If you need help feel free to ask through the mailing list or offline.

Jm