LDAP authentication with uClibc - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jan 27 08:12:44 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm just developing an "embedded domain controller".

It is based on Samba and OpenLDAP, and as an operating system it has
Linux OpenWRT / uClibc / busybox.

Samba doesn't like such environments very much, and it would be best if
it could fetch the users from an LDAP server.

As far as I understand, to do this, one needs Name Service Switch.

What I know so far, there is no NSS for uClibc/busybox, as NSS comes
from glibc.

Are there any alternatives for uClibc if I want to authenticate users
against an LDAP server?

Perhaps I need to compile some extra libraries... but I don't really
know where to start.

Anyone?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski