buildroot not building ...

Doyle, Patrick WPD at dtccom.com
Wed Jan 25 15:05:26 UTC 2006

Try grabbing the latest version from the SVN server:

$ svn co svn://uclibc.org/trunk/buildroot

I did that not too long ago and it (almost) worked.  It certainly past the
point where it had built the GCC compiler.

The "(almost)" part refers to the fact that the default settings are set to
use the daily snapshot of uClibc (and busybox, for that matter), which are
not guaranteed to compile on a daily basis.  I would suggest changing the
menu option for uClibC to _not_ use the daily snapshot (and, if you're
really paranoid, change the one for busybox as well, although that is
probably more stable).

> # make menuconfig
>
> withouth changing anything, and then a

I would presume that you at least saved your configuration file.

> # make

Also, for what it's worth, your example commands imply that you are doing
these things as root.  I would advise you to run all of these commands as a
normal user.  Buildroot is designed such that it does not require root
privileges to work, and there is less chance of blowing away something
important (like your kernel, or your version of bash, etc...) running as a
normal user.

I hope this helps...

--wpd