uClibc ARM thumb support

John Bowler jbowler at acm.org
Sat Jan 21 07:02:29 UTC 2006

I updated bug 385 (http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=385) with a new
set of patches which apply to the SVN head (as of 20060120) and which
apparently work.

I say 'apparently' because when I tested them with both ARM and Thumb
compilation shells apparently fail - either an abort of some kind or a
hang.  I can reproduce this both with and without the patches, so I
assume it is either my build or the SVN head.

Running /usr/bin/find as the init did, however, work and /sbin/init
partially works (it either crashes itself or the shell it execs to
run rcS crashes).

The patch set still contains the controversial dl-hash.c change, which
may be unnecessary because binutils 2.16 may strip out the problematic
ARM_STT_TFUNC.  Anyway, the patch set is be fine without the
dl-hash.c change (i.e. nothing breaks, although thumb stuff might not
work in some cases.)  The very limited testing I could do without a shell
shows /usr/bin/find working fine but /sbin/init gets a segmentation violation.

John Bowler <jbowler at acm.org>