[patch] init_array/fini_array support

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Jan 20 14:31:00 UTC 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
>
> > > +void
> > > +__libc_csu_fini (void)
> > > +{
> >
> > this is guarded by LIBC_NONSHARED in glibc, shouldn't we do the same?
>
> No, the comment in glibc is "We run the executable's destructor now just
> like any other." and I don't think this is the case for uClibc's ld.so (if
> it were, we'd already have been running _fini twice).

Could you shed a light why glibc's comment on __libc_csu_fini is:

"This function should not be used anymore. ... your comment above ...
We cannot remove the function, though."

They can't remove it probably because they have to keep glibc compatible
(being noop in case of the shared lib), but that is not uClibc's problem.

Please don't get me wrong objecting so much, I am all for the
addition of your patch to svn (and will add it if no other objections)

Thanks, Peter