shared libstdc++

Lei Sun lei_sun at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 02:06:10 UTC 2006

Hi :
  Thank you for your prompt response!
  I didn't use --disable-got-check options (didn't know it before ), at one
time,  when I had libgcc.a with GOT in it, and try to compile a C program, I
forced to ignore the GOT check (by removing "grep" command in the linker
script).  The binary was created but I got "reloc outside program" error
when loading flat binary.  Is the --disable-got-check doing the similar
thing? if so, i am afraid it doesn't work on ARM.
  I guess link a non-PIC compiled program to PIC compiled library will
always have this problem, so --disable-got-check somehow may cause confusion
(code compiled, linked, but could execute due to reloc outside program
error).

Thanks!
lei