svn commit: branches/uClibc-nptl: ldso/include ldso/ldso libc/misc/pthread etc...

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Sun Jan 15 11:12:56 UTC 2006

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

>  >
> > I have converted almost all weak_alias to strong_alias.
> > My idea is to mark with weak_alias only those that really are
> > needed to be overwritten by any other (stronger) from another
> > lib. Could you please provide the list of functions that nptl
> > needs weak within libc?
> >
> > Jocke: will this be handled correctly by ldso, or it will
> > load the first found version (e.g the one in libc, despite the weak) ?
> >
> > Thanks, Peter
>
> ldso will use the one it finds first, weak or strong does not matter.

which will be the first in case the app has DT_NEEDED for
libc.so/libpthread.so, libc.so/ld.so (nptl uses maybe some combination w/
librt.so as well)

Peter

> >From a relocation order view there is no difference between weaks and strong symbols.
> Weak symbols makes it possible/easier to have several identical syms without LD complaining
> about multiple syms.

Then I am more then ever to change all weak_alias to strong_alias, that
way we exactly know that we intend to use that specific version and let
the linker tell us that we have a conflict that has to be handled.

Peter