depmod: Unresolved symbols in .../hostap.o: memcmp

Doyle, Patrick WPD at dtccom.com
Wed Jan 11 19:48:01 UTC 2006

Once again, I am looking for pointers for where to look for the source of a
problem.

I am compiling a buildroot environment for a Soekris net4521 target with the
"Generic wireless access point" and "Generic firewall" options turned on.

When I build this, it fails when running depmod.  I am at a loss to
understand why depmod would complain about not being able to find
'memcmp()', when it seems as though it found 'memcpy()', 'memset()', etc...
fine.  What's more confusing is that System.map lists both memcpy and
memcmp.

Could I have a broken depmod on my build system (a SuSE 9.1 box)?

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

--wpd