[patch] Fix MIPS pipe, brk

sjhill at realitydiluted.com sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Mon Jan 9 13:31:27 UTC 2006

> Well, its better than hardcoding errno accesses directly in the syscall
> asm files, but the whole idea with the current impl. of __syscall_error
> in plain C it to hide and simply the errno handling for asm code. The
> current MIPS impl. of __syscall_error in NPTL will break as soon as
> something changes w.r.t errno impl.

Then we will fix it until all the thread models and the non-threaded
case work properly. I did not say it was perfect. I was looking for
people to actually test it on the linuxthreads model as well as the
non-threaded case. Volunteers?

> I think you should go back to the C version of __syscall_error if
> possible. I never understood why it didn't work for MIPS. Will the
> current C version of __syscall_error break for other arches when TLS
> is added?

The libpthreads for NPTL will not link with the current implementation
due to __syscall_error being hidden. My reasoning was two-fold. First,
I wanted to use the same implementation, and in IMHO, the more correct
way of handling __syscall_error. Second, it allowed me to include the
file into my libpthread build. However, I could do the same with the C
function too I suppose.

-Steve