Q: How can I run nfs-utils on MIPS uclibc-based distro with kernel 2.6?

linux linux at karasik.org
Wed Jan 4 11:59:30 UTC 2006

I'm trying to install nfs-utils on my mips kernel2.6 and uclibc-based linux box.

The first thing I did it's compilation the latest stable  1.0.7 version with mips uclibc-based toolchain. comiplation failed with
../../support/lib/libexport.a(client.o)(.text+0x718):/nfs-utils-1.0.7/support/export/client.c:385: undefined reference to `innetgr'
message - as far as I understand, because uclibc misses some NIS-related functions.

Is there any known configuration issue for compiling applications with uclibc?

Any ideas are welcome!
TIA, Vitaly