crt1.S start code

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Tue Jan 3 22:26:07 UTC 2006

Jivin Mike Frysinger lays it down ...
> On Saturday 24 December 2005 06:26, David McCullough wrote:
> > Jivin Mike Frysinger lays it down ...
> > >
> > > always happy to add non-mmu fixes as i dont think any of the 'main'
> > > uClibc guys have non-mmu hardware to play with (i know i dont)
> >
> > Everyone has nommu platforms, they just don't know it.
>
> i caved and bought a blackfin board to play with :)
>
> > The GDB/ARMulator runs uClinux (armnommu) inside GDB as an AT91
> > compatible board.
>
> couldnt i boot uclinux on a machine that has a mmu and have it function as if
> no mmu existed ?  seems it'd be faster than a simulator ...

Yep,  it is possible and a few have done it.  Most MMU targets don't have
the NOMMU support implemented though.  Not much point I guess ;-)

Both the armulator and xcopilot boot in a few seconds.  I always find them a
good fallback test that I can run from anywhere without physical HW access,

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough, davidm at cyberguard.com.au, Custom Embedded Solutions + Security