[patch] Fix MIPS pipe, brk

Joseph S. Myers joseph at codesourcery.com
Tue Jan 3 11:29:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Monday 02 January 2006 21:58, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > The MIPS implementation of the pipe syscall has various problems, fixed by
> > this patch:
>
> mips/pipe.c isnt actually used in uClibc ... Makefile.arch pulls in pipe.S,
> not pipe.c ...

My build logs show it using pipe.c, and fixing pipe.c fixes the observed
problem.  Whatever Makefile.arch says it seems the build system ends up
preferring the .c version to the .S version.  Maybe removing the .c file
would make it use the .S file instead and fix the problems that way; I'd
need to test this if that's the preferred solution.

> > * The list of clobbers for the asm is incomplete; the proper list to use
> > for all syscalls is that used in bits/syscalls.h.  The brk implementation
> > has this issue as well, so this patch fixes it for brk as well as pipe.
>
> brk.c that we are using is almost the same as the version used in glibc ...
> the only difference is below ... so if uClibc brk.c is broken, then the
> version in glibc is as well right ?

Quite likely; I didn't actually observe a runtime problem caused by the
incomplete clobbers here, but fixed the clobbers for brk because I found
it was missing them as well as pipe.  I'll look at fixing this in glibc as
well.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph at codesourcery.com