Functions not really "compliant"

Natanael Copa mlists at tanael.org
Mon Jan 2 15:01:29 UTC 2006

On man, 2006-01-02 at 15:39 +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Natanael Copa wrote:
>
> > On tor, 2005-12-29 at 20:05 +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > The attached list is what coreutils' configure detects as uncompliant
> > > functions and replaces them w/ the gnu counterparts (xstr* replace str*
> > > for ex.). This is not really good for embedded if anyone intends to put
> > > more than busybox on the target, because each app will become bigger as
> > > needed, having static versions built into them.
> > > Should we try to get these tests pass on uClibc, so we don't end up w/
> > > static versions compiled in?
> >
> > Would this increase the size of uclibc for those who don't use
> > coreutils?
>
> coreutils is only an example, any gnu app is building a static lib (named
> lib/libfetish.a for coreutils) that has all the functions found as
> uncompliant by configure and will be linked into the apps.
> For those using only non-gnu apps in conjunction w/ uClibc, there would be
> no win to provide them by uClibc as expected by configure, all the others
> would have some increase in uClibc itself, but the apps themselves would
> be smaller.

cool enough. I'm no developer (so my opinion doesn't really count) but I
think it would be worth an effort to make the tests pass on uclibc.

> > Would it be possible to add getaddrinfo() to the list of funtions not really "compliant"?
> >
> > ipsec-tools-0.6  fails to compile with this error:
> >
> > checking getaddrinfo bug... buggy
> > configure: error: Broken getaddrinfo() is no longer supported. Aborting.
>
> can't recall exactly, try disabling ipv6

Are you sure about that for 0.6? I'm pretty sure I tried with or without
ipv6. I know it works for ipsec-tools-0.4 but from 0.5 they do a check
if getaddrinfo is buggy or not. uclibc getaddrinfo is detected as buggy.
I believe the getaddrinfo should be fixed to pass the test.

The test program is attatched.

--
Natanael Copa