Compiling U-BOOT error via uClibc buildroot

Robin Steven armrobin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 06:30:07 UTC 2006

On 2/11/06, Khem Raj <khem at mvista.com> wrote:

> Robin Steven said the following on 02/10/2006 02:26 PM:
> >

> > On 2/11/06, *Khem Raj* <khem at mvista.com <mailto:khem at mvista.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Robin Steven said the following on 02/10/2006 12:46 PM:
> >     > Hi, All:
> >     >
> >     > Recently, I tired to compile U-boot for my AT91RM9200 customized
> >     board,
> >     > my crosstools was built up from buildroot  of www.uClibc.org
> >     <http://www.uClibc.org>
> >     > <http://www.uClibc.org> .
> >     > and following tow step of U-boot official develop document :
> >     >
> >     > 1) $ make at91rm9200dk_config
> >     > 2) $ make all
> >     >
> >     > But arm-linux-gcc rejected a compiling option:
> >     >
> >     > cc1: error: invalid option `abi=apcs-gnu'
> >     Check if your option is -mabi=apcs-gnu passed to gcc/cc1 if it is
> >     -abi=apcs-gnu then it will be rejected as you see.
> >

> > My option is -mabi=apcs-gnu, but theme was rejected still. :(
> > What's my mistake ???
> >
> >     Secondly add -v flag to compiler commandline and see if all
> toolchain
> >     components (cc/as/ld) are invoked correctly for cross arm toolchain.

Thanks  a lot  of  your  help !  and  the  U-boot is  large  and  complex
project,
I am analysing Makefile of  the U-boot, and considering where is best to
add "-v" flag.
if you are interesting this project, you could get the project's snapshot of
Git repository via below command:

$ git-clone rsync://www.denx.de/git/u-boot u-boot

I will try your idea, keep in  touch please !

did u do this ??? check what compiler is being invoked