calling all (any?) buildroot on OSX experienced types ...

Rob uclibc at paypc.com
Tue Feb 7 22:30:42 UTC 2006

> I tried to build a generic uclibc anything from buildroot using my fiance's
> iBook.  I had to install the developer tools (it's on the install DVD, if
> it's not hidden in your Applications folder) to get the tools needed on to
> the system.  After that, I'm sorry to say, it was no dice.

Yeah, when using an OS written by a company with a grammatically incorrect
tagline, I find this to be the case as well.  Things are just "different" and
those differences break builds for normal userspace code, let alone tricky
shared library builds.

I echo "d00d"'s suggestion of either installing Linux onto the machine, or
using a "Live" Linux PPC CD to get into a real UNIX environment.

Good luck.

=R=

PS: You may want to check out a non-buildroot based firmware dev environment
here <http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html> which uses Kegel's crosstool,
here <http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/>

You may find that works on the OS that "thinks different".