calling all (any?) buildroot on OSX experienced types ...

Tha D0od d0odman at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:31:52 UTC 2006

I tried to build a generic uclibc anything from buildroot using my fiance's
iBook.  I had to install the developer tools (it's on the install DVD, if
it's not hidden in your Applications folder) to get the tools needed on to
the system.  After that, I'm sorry to say, it was no dice.

It didn't bother me enough to look more in to it, since I had more than a
few x86 systems I could play with to make my toolchains.  I had some
GNU/Linux live CDs that I was playing with that detected the hardware
properly enough to get me in to X or a command prompt.  They both had
compilation tools built in, if you want to try that route.  One was a Ubuntu
CD, the other was a Linux From Scratch CD.

The compilation/configuring is straightforward once you get in to it.  You
pick your processor (ppc), then, you can manually choose your packages, or
you can pick one of the generic options that picks the packages for you.

Hope this helps!