[gmail] Madplay with uClibc

Dave Dodge dododge at dododge.net
Fri Feb 3 13:49:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:35:48AM +0100, janiszo at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
> But: when I've got ready system for ARM
> (http://www.uclibc.org/downloads/root_fs_arm.ext2.bz2) and tried to
> compile on my PC using arm-linux-uclibc-gcc I get "cannot execute
> binary file" error. So it is not cross-compiler?

I believe the root_fs bundles are intended to be root filesystems for
target devices, so everything in there would be native target
exectuables linked against a target uClibc.  The gcc inside there is
not a cross compiler:

  $ file arm-linux-uclibc-gcc
  arm-linux-uclibc-gcc: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM),
  for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

  $ readelf --program-headers arm-linux-uclibc-gcc
  INTERP         0x0000f4 0x000080f4 0x000080f4 0x00014 0x00014 R   0x1
      [Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0]

                                                  -Dave Dodge