[gmail] Madplay with uClibc

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Feb 2 16:57:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 17:24 +0100, janiszo at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
> >No, your compiler depends on a libc, and since you are a different libc
> >(uclibc), you need another compiler.
>
> So I have to compile all on ARM instead of PC host side to get ARM code?? It is very unflexible since I don't have many tools (eg. sed,) on my embbeded system. Or I still don't understand the idea?

You have to use your host tools to build a cross-compile toolchain.
Toolchain = "binutils,gcc etc..."
cross-compile = means that the gcc above *runs* on a PC, but *produces*
ARM code.

The compiler you have on your system currently *runs* on a PC, and
*produces* code to run on a PC.

The simplest way of getting this working is to use buildroot
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions