Failed to make uClibc 0.9.26

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Dec 20 21:06:56 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 3:40 am, Christian MICHON wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > Why are you trying to make a version that's 3 years old?
> >

> there could be many reasons:
> 1) faster build

You benchmarked it then?

> 2) less bloat

The point of the config options is so the new versions can be about as small
as the old ones.  If they're not (with the same set of features enabled),
this is a bug we'd probably like to know about.

> 3) smaller size

Do you know this for a fact, or are you guessing?  And isn't this a repeat of
#2?

> 4) code more stable (at least less prone to change)

Any given snapshot won't change unless you update it, but 0.9.26 was
incredibly buggy and lots of packages are known not to work against it, and
most of the known bugs have since been fixed.

> most important:
> what if he's trying to fix a bug in an existing product linked with
> this particular version ?

Then that would have answered my question.  I asked _why_ he was doing it.

> who are you to judge everyone so harshly recently ?

You're the one who interpreted a question as an attack.  To answer your
question: I'm a volunteer, participating here for free, and I owe you
nothing.  However, since it seems to bother you: welcome to my spam filter.
I'll never even see one of your messages again (even sent directly), so you
won't be bothered by replies from me.

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery