More on the armv4l segfault.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Dec 17 02:17:04 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 6:16 pm, David Daney wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Friday 15 December 2006 1:32 pm, David Daney wrote:
> >
> >>Perhaps you could run the program in gdb and get a stack trace at the
> >>SIGSEGV to see who the caller is.  Then, as Paul suggested, figure out
> >>why the proper linking is not happening.
> >

> > Are you suggesting cross-compiling an arm version of gdb, or are you
> > suggesting running qemu under gdb?
> >

> I was thinking either a native gdb or gdbserver .  I have used both on
> MIPS with good success.  I prefer the full gdb if you have enough
> memory/swap.

I haven't got a native environment set up yet.  Getting uClibc to work kind of
cames before that on my todo list. :)

> I have never used qemu, so will not comment on the possibilities there.

While it's possible that qemu's application emulation is good enough to handle
emulating strace, it seems unlikely.  System emulation's definitely going to
be up for it though, so I can build the broken version of uClibc once I
finish the native toolchain and see what exactly's wrong with it...

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery