Again problem with atof / sscanf / strtof and float's range

David McCullough david_mccullough at au.securecomputing.com
Mon Dec 11 22:56:57 UTC 2006

Jivin Rob Landley lays it down ...
> On Sunday 10 December 2006 7:24 pm, David McCullough wrote:
> > Will it get updated to something newer ?  yes.  When ? I don't know.
> > Why isn't it updated regularly ? The usual reasons.
>
> To be fair, the same statement could apply to the uClibc release version.

It would be exactly the same reasons (only even more platforms in
uClibcs case I suspect :-).

Basically,  to upgrade a uClibc in our tree means I don't go home until
it works properly on every target we need it to work on,  thats SH, ARM(BE/LE),
M68k, X86 and probably mips.  All the !MMU support needs to be working
as well as the MMU support.

Everytime I have done it involves a good colllection of makefile issues
and at least one of the platforms is usualy broken is a non-trivial way.
I don't enjoy it,  so I don't do it unless there is a good reason.
0.9.29 will probably be a good enough reason ;-)

Sounds to me like much the same things a uClibc release has to deal with.
Not much you can do to change that, it's just the nature of the beast.

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  david_mccullough at securecomputing.com,   Ph:+61 734352815