svn commit: trunk/uClibc: extra/scripts

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Dec 11 19:06:20 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 1:41 am, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > Log:
> > kill off the need for fix_includes.sh by utilizing KERNEL_SOURCE directly
>
> Ok, so now where does include/asm and include/linux/ come from?
> We still have a handful of dependancies on linux/ headers, such
> as in include/bits/local_lim.h, a few in include/sys/, and a
> cluster of net and netinet headers.  We have many many
> dependancies on include/asm/ headers.  All these are now
> completely hosed up by this change.

No it isn't.  I've zapped fix_includes.sh for years, it never worked for me.

My current uClibc build/install:

# Build and install uClibc

setupfor uClibc
cp "${WORK}"/config-uClibc .config &&
(yes "" | make CROSS="${CROSS_TARGET}"- oldconfig) &&
make CROSS="${CROSS_TARGET}"- KERNEL_SOURCE="${CROSS}" &&
#make CROSS="${CROSS_TARGET}"- utils &&
# The kernel headers are already installed, but uClibc's install will try to
# be "helpful" and copy them over themselves, at which point hilarity ensues.
# Make it not do that.
rm include/{asm,asm-generic,linux} &&
make CROSS="${CROSS_TARGET}"- KERNEL_SOURCE="${CROSS}"/ \
        RUNTIME_PREFIX="${CROSS}"/ DEVEL_PREFIX="${CROSS}"/ \
        install_runtime install_dev &&
# The uClibc build uses ./include instead of ${CROSS}/include, so the symlinks
# need to come back.  (Yes, it links against the _headers_ from the source,
# but against the _libraries_ from the destination.  Hence needing to install
# libc.so before building utils.)
ln -s "${CROSS}"/include/linux include/linux &&
ln -s "${CROSS}"/include/asm include/asm &&
ln -s "${CROSS}"/include/asm-generic include/asm-generic &&
make CROSS=${CROSS_TARGET}- RUNTIME_PREFIX="${CROSS}"/ install_utils &&
cd .. &&
$CLEANUP uClibc*

The trick is, install the kernel headers at the destination location _first_,
using "make headers_install".

>  -Erik

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery