rename libpthread_nonshared.a

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Aug 25 16:52:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Friday 25 August 2006 04:54, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > there is another reason to have the name different, if you have the same
> > name as glibc then libc.so will have to hardcode the path to it, else you
> > risk to catch the glibc version.
>
> if you run that risk then you have bigger problems
> -mike

on install it has the correct (absolute) path, but when we compile uClibc,
$(top_buildir)/lib/libc.so will have
GROUP ( libpthread.so.0 libpthread_nonshared.a )

Currently you wont see that sort of thing , because nothing links against
libpthread.

librt links against this libpthread for new LT and NPTL though, and here I
wouldnt want to risk having the one from glibc

2 ways to solve:
1. rename the nonshared file
2. add absolute path to the lib/libpthread.so linker script

Peter