can't get login to work

paul wang perltcl at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 02:02:06 UTC 2006

ok i've recompile 0.9.28 and several recent uClibc versions
and various combination of busybox,tinylogin, and shadow suite (this one is a long story to compile),
anyhow, I can't get a working login.
I've trace the problem to "setpgrg" at least.

here is the result:
1. fgets works without setpgrp
#include <stdio.h>
main(){ char tmp[100]; fgets(tmp,100,stdin); }

2.fgets don't work "after" setpgrp
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>
main(){ char tmp[100]; setpgrp();
fgets(tmp,100,stdin); }

fgets never returns EOF or EOL. Actually it "never" returns after calling setpgrp()....strange.

I don't know how to easily trace into uClibc. so Im stuck here. help!!!