ARM NPTL support for uClibc

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Aug 14 21:27:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Jim Blandy wrote:

> Peter --- thanks for the fast review!  We will be taking a look at
> your points over the course of the week, and get the patch into shape.

I have quickly reviewed only the changes that affect the currently
available files, but not the nptl directory itself. Seeing that you
haven't touched the librt/Makefile.in file iirc, I think there is also
some work to do there, the timer_*() functions should be filtered out
there if NPTL (and new linuxthreads) are enabled and the versions from
nptl/linuxthreads_new should be added to librt instead.

Could you please answer my questions too (tst-cancel4 and SINGLE_THREAD_P
related)?

For better comparison I can provide you a patch that makes new
linuxthreads working (without TLS), though I have only tested x86 and
ppc, no idea how it would perform on arm.

Peter