gcc-4.1.1 and exception handling (libstdc++)

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Aug 11 17:09:06 UTC 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Ed Swierk wrote:

> On 8/11/06, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
> > ar t libgcc_eh.a? which unwind-dw2-fde*.o is there?
>
> $ ar t toolchain_build_i686/gcc-4.1.1-final/gcc/libgcc_eh.a
> unwind-dw2.o
> unwind-dw2-fde.o
that explains the need for --enable-sjlj-exceptions
although it fails for me with:
Throwing out_of_range()
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
terminate called recursively
Aborted

the config that worked for me was using unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.o
and without --enable-sjlj-exceptions

> unwind-sjlj.o
this file is always there, independently of the fact that you use
sjlj-exceptions or not (for the no-case it is empty)

> gthr-gnat.o
> unwind-c.o
>
> Maybe something changed since uClibc-20060720? I've attached my config

Well, I did the tests with a somewhat modified uClibc-svn, but I think the
dependency lies in the gcc patches (that were also modified here, the
tests were done in a gentoo environment).

I will redo the test
unwind-dw2-fde.o + --enable-sjlj-exceptions on a PPC box

Peter