gcc-4.1.1 and exception handling (libstdc++)

David Daney ddaney at avtrex.com
Thu Aug 10 11:13:55 PDT 2006

Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I did some tests with gcc-4.1.1/uClibc-svn and the only working
> configuration to run throw2.cpp test file is to use
> unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c (and not unwind-dw2-fde.c as it does now in
> buildroot), the --enable-sjlj-exceptions does not help either.
>
> --enable-sjlj-exceptions is needed though for all gcc<4 (despite the
> changes in buildroot saying that only gcc-3.3 needed this)
>
> Tests were done on x86

Buildroot exception handling does seem to be a bit messed up.
Especially when exceptions are thrown across shared library boundaries.

I have some patches that make it work well for mipsel-linux that are
probably also applicable to x86 and other DWARF based exception systems
as well.

Maybe one day I will have time to post the patches...

David Daney