buildroot: fakerroot on cygwin. Ch 2 - The Kernel

Alessio Massaro alessio.massaro at oxinst.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 13:21:40 UTC 2006

Milrith,

Thanks for the precious info below. With a few worksrounds for the remaining
problems (gcc 4.1 Makefiles and the uclibc locale problem) I'm finally going
somewhere with buildroot on cygwin.

My next thing was being able to compile the kernel on windows. Did you
succeed in that too?

I've read around and I tried to patch the kconfig build, but I couldn't get
past lots of undefined ncourses symbols during linking. I tried to link
against any ncourses-related lib I could think of, but no success. Any idea?

cherio
-alessio