usleep in uClibc - 0.9.27

Sonia xonia10 at yahoo.es
Tue Apr 25 08:42:47 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm using uClinux 2.6.12 with uClibc - 0.9.27. I'm in
the work of porting my application from kernel 2.4 to
kernel 2.6. I'm using the toolchain
m68k-elf-tools-20031003.sh

The application is multithreaded, and the threads are
synchronized using usleep() to make the thread stops
and let the other threads run.

With kernel 2.4 it worked fine, and we succeeded in
giving priority to one "real - time" thread that had
to send a message every 100 ms, using usleep.

The problem comes with kernel 2.6. It seems that
usleep function doesn't work properly. If I put:

usleep(1000);

and look with an osciloscope (using leds or digital
outputs on the board), I find out that the thread
sleeps for 10 ms, not the expected 1 ms.

>From other hand, if I set up a timer, with
setitimer(), if the period is 50 ms I get 70 ms.

Has somebody found the same behaviour??

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Sonia