[BUG] error in global variables strong aliasing

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 13 03:13:57 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 05:41, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Amir Shalem wrote:
> > after commit
> > http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc-cvs/2006-March/009686.html
> >
> > global variables such as environ, errno, and friends are broken
> > <snip>
> > same happens with __environ & environ.
>
> this one is curious, I had a bug report before yours when I made use of
> hidden global data (what this svn commit undid due to stability problems)

could you point me to the thread(s) you refer to here ?  cant say i noticed
any problems until after this change ... and really, the alias has always
been weak here, not strong, so you werent revereting anything when you
changed weak_alias(environ) to strong_alias(environ) ...

if we look at glibc, they never use strong_alias() for data, just functions
-mike