"Difference beetween uClibc and Glibc?"

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Apr 9 05:44:09 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 02:59:27AM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > > By the way, on my system, the following commands returns
> > > only zeros :
> > > cat /proc/*/statm | cut -d' ' -f7
> >
> > Right. Your system is broken...
>
> Could you elaborate please ?
> I tried it on 8 different hosts (various kernel versions, arch, distro)
> and get the same result on all of them ! (ie. no dirty page at all)

I don't know except that I'm sure it's incorrect. Maybe it's broken in
all 2.6 versions..? I use 2.4.

Anyway it's completely impossible to have zero dirty pages in a C
program. The absolute minimum is 1 for the stack, and in practice the
minimum for a conformant C library is 2 due to environment-handling
stuff.

Rich